Monday 31 May 2010

More moths

As far as birds and birding goes I have not been out that much recently, partially due to the lack of good migrant weather. I did however go to Sandwich bay Obs yesterday, it yielded a couple of cuckoos as well as other regular migrants, I did find a whole new area though which looks good for the autumn migration.
Also I managed to catch 649 Espiria sulphurella, a really peachy looking micro.

I had the moth trap in the garden last night, I was pleasantly surprised to have 25 moths of 17 species in the trap, not bad for a relatively cool and windy night!
Totals included 7 year ticks in the form of
2 Heart and Club
2 Small Clouded Brindle (I'm pretty sure that's what they are anyway)
1 Common Wainscot
1 Rustic
1 Light Brown Apple Moth
1 Orange Footman
1 Herald
1 Campion




from L to R Herald, Espiria sulphurella, White point, Small clouded brindle and Campion.

No comments:

Post a Comment