Monday 1 April 2013

patch tick!

I finally caught up with a Mid-Yare Grey plover today, well to be honest there were actually two! I also had a flyover Whimbrel, my first proper migrant of the year. Apart from that there were good numbers of Dunlin, Ruff and still more Teal and Wigeon than usual for early April. Pintail numbered about 8 and there were at least 6 Marsh Harriers and two C Buzzards.
Nice to add two species to the patch list on the 1st April, better than the final 3 weeks of March already!

Survey season is due to start very soon (in a normal year) so I'll be out and about with my bins a bit more in the next couple of months, what may be a slow start will hopefully get back to normal by the end of the month. Who knows a moth may even pay a visit to my trap at some point soon... you never know?

No comments:

Post a Comment