Sunday 30 August 2015

Blue is the colour...

5am this morning I was woken up by the rain on my window, a sign that the wind is easterly without the need for getting up and checking. I thought I'd head out early and see if the weather had brought anything with it... Winterton South dunes were fairly quiet early doors. I managed to find a pied fly, 5 whitethroat, 2 lesserthroat, 8+ blackcaps and singles of willow warbler and chiffchaff, so not much of an overnight fall, but it is still early in the season.
I headed off to check North dunes and bumped into a pretty monster tit flock, mainly long tails but blue and greats also present along with another lesserthroat and at least 4 phyloscs, I think they were all willow warblers, but one just appeared slightly different in shape- flight views only (I hope it wasn't the wood warbler that was present early in the week as it would be a new Norfolk bird for me!).
I looked at my pager which revealed the bluethroat from yesterday was still present so I nipped up to have a peak. I saw the bird very well at times, although difficult to photograph in the morning gloom as well as it being obscured a lot of the time. A very nice individual which called on at least two occasions. I knew they were not regular in that 10k square but Tim A alerted me to the fact that it was the first in over 10 years so a rare bird indeed. I did see a white spotted male singing ?7 years ago, but it was 100m from the boundary! After a little while the bluethroat site was getting a little crowded so I headed back home.... and to Norwich shopping :(
I am working tomorrow and the weather looks set to be even better, something will be found. I may have to catch up with it (or find it) on tuesday if conditions look good again.


 

 



2 comments:

  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    LOAN SERVICES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
    ================================
    *Commercial Loans.
    *Personal Loans.
    *Business Loans.
    *Investments Loans.
    *Development Loans.
    *Acquisition Loans .
    *Construction loans.
    *Business Loans And many More:

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :majidvijahlending@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete