Wednesday 20 October 2010

Off to the Scillies

Well that time of the year has come again so I'm off to spend the week with my parents at a self catering apartment on St Agnes, at the Parsonage of all places! I know Scilly has had a lot of bad press lately and the amount of rare's being found seems to have dropped off but there is something about the place that I just love. Maybe its the fact that its great walking, great scenery and of course the chance of finding your own birds is always a high possibility, especially with less birders now present.
So tomorrow evening I leave from Norwich on the overnight train which gets me to Penzance at 07.30, the scillonian then follows and then the lunch time boat to Agnes, its a long way but hopefully it'l be worth it, looks like there are Westerlies on Friday and Saturday so there may be the odd yank around soon. I've never stayed on Agnes so am looking forward to being one of the fist to 'do' the island each morning....watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment