Monday 19 July 2010

Tree Lichen Beauty!!

With a slightly cooler evening last night the moth trap held just 70 species, new for the year were;
Plain Pug
Kent Black Arches
20 plumed moth
Tree Lichen Beauty- life tick and a very nice one too!- just 3 records of this species before 1991, apparently they are increasingly being found in the South now though so not quite the mega it once was.

I found my first Migrant Hawker today at the Fen, it posed quite nicely for me as they seem to do so often.


Last Friday my father and I managed to get some six belted clearwings to the API lure, it was hung above some kidney vetch at the hover pad and despite the very gusty strong winds we attracted between 10 and 20 individuals in 2 minutes, if only they were all like that!! Dad also managed to attract a Red Belted Clearwing the same morning.




I also managed to catch up with the Pec Sand on Restharrow scare yesterday, a very nice individual although not as well marked as some I have seen, also on the scrape was a greenshank, med gull and a juv Little ringed plover....still have not yet caught up with the red veined darters there though!



No comments:

Post a Comment