Wednesday 20 May 2015

Insects are go!

A few trips out recently have seen a few new Norfolk species for me.

The Brecks gave me Grizzled and Dingy Skipper along with a nice Burnet Companion.




Dad and I have booked several moth trapping sessions at Winterton this year, the first trap was fairly dissapointing due to the poor weather, however we did get a Camomile Shark, which was a new macro for both of us.





The fen is alive with insects when the sun shines including a whole host of odonata including Common, Azure, Blue-tailed, Variable, Red-Eyed and Large-red Damselfy, Hairy Dragonfly, 4-spotted and scarce chaser as well as Banded Demoiselles emerging today in number.

I saw 2 Wall Butterflies at Cantley this morning while doing my (not quite) monthly train to Cantley and walk back to Brundall. A total of 70 species of bird was seen on the walk, considering it did not seem as though there was a lot about I think 70sp is a pretty good total. Best bird was a brief Spotted Flycatcher in the wood. 





No comments:

Post a Comment