Thursday 30 August 2012

About time for an update

Its been a little while since my last update for so many reasons, I have so much going on right now I have hardly been out with binoculars in the past 3 weeks. I did manage to have a walk at Waxham on Monday which was pleasant if a little quiet. Was just nice to get out and see the sea and feel some fresh air to be honest.
The highlights of the morning were a Whinchat on the wires not far from Horsey mill, id'd at 40mph thanks to it flicking off the wire at the perfect time to reveal its diagnostic tail pattern. The other highlight was a flock of 32 Common Cranes all in a single field, I believe this is the most I have seen on the ground together before so certainly worth a mention, anywhere else in the country, or even Norfolk and there would have been quite twitch on for them.
The photos below showcase the incredible zoom on my camera too. The first pic is with no zoom, the arrow points to the thin strip of yellow field in which the cranes were, the second shows a zoomed image of part of the flock, pretty impressive for a 3 year old camera (Panasonic fz35)






No comments:

Post a Comment