Saturday 12 November 2011

Surprise UK tick?!


A quick update since my last post...
I took Monday and Tuesday off as well as heading to the north coast today.
With Ruth working weekends, being car-less is pretty rubbish, but luckily I managed to jump in with a colleague this morning.
Highlights from the past week include;

Sheringham Monday;
1 drake scaup
5 Shag
2 bonxies
2 Snow Buntings

Wells, Monday;
2 Waxwings
600+ Blackbirds (everywhere! lesser numbers of Rwing, ff and s thrush)

Waxham, Tuesday;
2 Little Auks
150+ Little Gulls
40+ Red throated Divers
6 Blackcap
2 Chiffchaff

Strumpshaw, Friday
56 Waxwings
35,000 Starlings roosting

Today,
Holme-
Lapland Bunting- heard as I opened the car door- good start to the day!
Desert Wheatear
Northern Wheatear

Titchwell
Lapland Bunting 1
Snow Bunting 1
Slav Grebe 1
Goldeneye 8

Desert Wheatear was a UK tick for me, I was not aware of this at all (!) I was convinced that I had seen one before but unless I just have not recorded it before it was a new British bird for me. A surprise but a result at the same time!
Some poorish pics below- usual excuses- poor light being the main factor. great bird through the scope though. 



No comments:

Post a Comment