Saturday 1 October 2011

Weekend in Wales



Last weekend Ruth and I ventured up to Snowdonia to see Ruth's sister for her birthday. The majority of the weekend was pretty unremarkable as far as sightings go, with pretty standard fare being seen each day, including Redpolls, crossbills siskins, ravens etc. The place we stay in is high in the mountains overlooking Mt Snowdon, a nice change from the broads scenery. I took my moth trap (of course) and had a few new species, it was very chilly each night and quite windy so the overnight hauls were far from impressive but there was just about enough to warrent taking the trap. Next year my bro/sis-in-law move to the Isle of Skye so I look forward to another visit, hopefully around this time of the year.
The new moths for me included;
Autumnal Rustic, Neglected Rustic, Pine Carpet (oddly I have not got this in my records yet?)
The last 2 pictures show a species which should be very easy to id due to the colouration and pattern but I cant clinch it, it does resemble a Sallow of some kind but not in a form that is noted in my books. Help please!!?? EDIT: I have been informed that the moth is a Flounced Chestnut.





No comments:

Post a Comment