Tuesday 24 March 2015

Patchtick...again!!

Jim found a black-redstart opposite Buckenham on Sunday afternoon, so first thing monday morning I was down there checking out the roof of the pub. Luckily for me it was still there, a lovely little bird, although a little distant for photography I did have a go. Amazingly this is by fourth new species for the Mid Yare this year already!




On the way back to the office the woods were alive with chiffchaffs singing, clearly a small arrival finally! I also had good views of a Goldcrest which posed for a few quick snaps.



Today I was carrying out routine checks and looked up to see a subadult male Hen Harrier flying over the fen, a quick fumble in the bag for my camera produced another poor shot...always a great bird to see though!


Tommorrow I am having a look for the Ring Necked Duck and Scaup that have been in the eastern reaches of the patch, fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment