Thursday 3 March 2011

Tits, Haws and Peckers

Despite the weather today I thought I would continue with my plan to go to the Brecks and look for Willow tit, Lesser spotted woodpecker and Hawfinch- (Gos was out of the question it was cold, cloudy and there was a Northerly wind).
To cut a long story short I saw none of the above but I had a nice walk along the River Little Ouse, from Santon Downham to Thetford, Norfolk on the way there, Suffolk on the way back.

The main highlight of the day was seeing/hearing 3 woodlarks, a nice reminder that spring was on the way despite being freezing. I also have earmarked it as a site to go netting for moths in the summer, lots of exit holes on the poplars so I'm guessing Hornet clearwings are present in large numbers in the area as well as a good range of habitats for the Brecks moth specialities.

Got tomorrow off too and the weather looks much the same....what to do?

2 comments:

  1. I am ringing in the garden tomorrow if you fancy fondling some tits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have come and fondled some tits with you had I of seen the message. oh well...next time.

    ReplyDelete