Monday 5 April 2021

Its been a while, but its time to get the blog back up and running!

After a break since October 2018 I have decided to have a go at blogging once again. Its been a pretty awful year for many reasons, but I would like to focus on the positives so will spare the summary and just start from now. As before I will try to focus on the wildlife I see while out and about, mostly in the Yare Valley. One difference is that my camera is now gone, so its just phone shots for the forseable future. Yesterday I was on duty at Strumpshaw and despite the nice sunny day there were surprisingly few people about so I had time to look at the nectar garden, apart from seeing a large ammount of ground elder which has not been presnt before, I saw two shieldbugs. The shieldbugs turned out to be pied (a fairly common species associated woth white dead nettle) and also a bordered shieldbug, this tiny shieldbug measures just 3.5mm and is associated with bedstraws. Both of these shieldbugs are new to me and also proved to be the first records of each species for the reserve too. Just after I saw these I also managed to see my second Strumpshaw Fen orange underwing moth of the year. With lots of migrant birds now arriving I hope that there will be much to write about in the coming weeks and months.

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while! Good to see you back in 'blogland'!

    ReplyDelete